Rowlands

Not much talk about Rowland. Why is that? For example, Pass is all over the place.
inna
Guido, Thanks for the info. Nobody seems to have the knowledge about Rowland gear like you.
Hi Cyrus, I usually pour over the various downloadable manuals, and refresh my memory with the Q&As in the JRDG Knowledge Base at:

http://jeffrowlandgroup.com/kb/

While the facility seems to have some gaps, it is amazingly complete on some devices..... there are over 120 questions on Criterion alone..... and most of them apply to Corus, except for those that discuss the NiMH battery system.

G.
hi
i'm considering changing my power amp- 'mcintosh275' to rowland's power amp to drive my 'dali helicon 800' speakers. actually i'm not sure '275's capacity to drive 'em. but somebody said it's ok although they say dali need upto 400watt amp power to be driven.
my preamp is rowland 'synergy ll'
if i have to do,
i wonder if rowland model 5's power is enough to do it.
or model 10, model 8, model 7.
i need your experiences and advices.
Zabiaud, I had the Model 6's on my MAXX 2's and they sounded good, but I felt the lowest octave of bass was missing. I use the Model 9 mono blocks now and the are perfect. The 6's, 8 and the 9's have been some of Jeff's most highly regarded amplifiers and if you can find an 8 I would go that route. The new 626 (I think) is excellent too; I heard it at a show and it sounded excellent.
thanks hifimaniac, i'm looking for model 8 but it's not on the list. i guess 250w @ 8 ohm - 400w @ 4 ohm will drive my
big dali 800(4 ohm) well enough.
what about model 5 ? not enough for big speaker?
and do you think rowland preamp synergyll goes well with
those old model power amps?