Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Has anyone recieved a Cortese from Mick recently? I understand that they come with a remote control volume. I am a little concerned with noise interference. Does anyone know what brand of volume control Mick is using now? Has anyone had this problem (my Syrah has a manual volume knob). I hope to be able to keep my Syrah long enough to do a side by side comparison of the two units. I am ordering mine with the 6sn7 based tube compliment.
Amandarae - thanks for your answer. I got an email from Mick yesterday and he said he removed the tape monitor from the Chenin in favour of an HT bypass which he said people preferred. It can be changed with a little soldering!

I did get a manual with my Chenin. On my unit the switch you speak of is marked as "mute" and it does just that. It does not seem to switch in the tape loop even when I put my Merlin battery BAM in there.

Anyone out there with a Chenin and Merlin BAM in the tape loop? I could of course put it in the signal path between Chenin and (wonderful by the way) Granite 861 monos but I prefer the tape loop method.

Thanks, Nick.
Finally! I finally won a set of WE350b's! Now I can see for myself what some of you have been saying about this tube. The last 2 sets on ebay went for $550 & $650, and they are about $800 at Tubeworld, so I feel lucky to have gotten them for FAR less than that. After I get used to them I'll add my opinion to the thread.

Joe
I was biding on them too :(, let me know if it was worth (if they are better them typically recommended repleacement Tung Sol 5881)