Krell Evo vs Evo-enhance

Hello

I am considering between krell evo402 and 402e; beside evo400 and evo400e mono blocks. I have not audited them so not sure which are the most significant differences. are the new E amps better than the older evo ones?

In addition, how do you compare the above krell evo with pass labs xa 100.5 or goldmund telos 200 or Perreaux 750 or dartzeel nhb108 mondel 1 power amp?

Many thanks
sonrock
Hi Ben

Thanks for your advice. However I am based in the UK and cannot call the guy. Many thanks any way.

atb

Thanh

nb: any one can help me to review between 402e and 400e?
Regarding to the original question, I would say 402e is more logical way to go over 400e. 402e saves space, and there is no need to buy 2 identical cord. 402e is exactly two 400e together put in one chasis.
Compared to other brands such as Pass, Dart,...it is a different beast. Doesn't sound like pass amps, doesn't do the mistakes that pass does. However, it can't give the pure musical joy as Pass does.(class A)
Krell will give its best exactly 1h30-40m later after turn on. Needs a dedicated wall outlet.(not a buffer line, has to be dedicated) Plus a good ''powercord'' will give you sonic enjoyment at least 4 year as in my case.

As far as Mr. Colloms concerned, when he first reviewed Krell 402, I had Krell already and smiled and undestood that he couldn't realized its potential. I kept reading his reviews until 2010. He gave rave reviews what I had so far so good.(wilson sophia 2, Audio Research Ref 3, Transparent reference mm2 cables......)Even he was almost putting my setup together except my dCS Puccini-clock. Than, I found his own Hi-fi Critic forum and posted a topic named ''coincident or what?''
In mid 2010, I have decided to change my speaker and preamp and make radical difference.Replaced Wilson with Focal Utopia 3, and Audio Research with Esoteric preamp. Even changed my Transparent Ref. interconnect with PAD Ann.
Thanks god that he has not reviewed those yet......
Hi Mert

Thank you very very much for your advices and information mate. I am thinking to go for the 402e as well but the price here is killing me :(. I can support for s/h or ex-demo with great offer, cannot be brand new one.

At the moment I can find sth nice with good price like Perreaux prisma 750 and goldmund telos 200. Not sure they or the krell 402e will drive my mbl 121's better?

Many thanks
@Mert said:
"402e is exactly two 400e together put in one chasis"

This is, put simply, miles away from correct. Design-topology differences itself aside, let's compare power supplies only:

Evo-402e: two 2200 VA transformers and 188000 µF overall
Evo-400e: one 3000 VA and 110000 µF per piece - that means
two 3000 VA transformers and 220000 µF overal

(disclaimer: Krell's website claims even 4000VA per piece for Evo-400e - by my opinion lingering typo from the original Evo-400 white paper which had declared 4000VA as well. I am owner of a pair of Evo-400 - they have 3000VA each)

A pair of monoblocs, even the "smallest" Evo-400e, should be significantly more competent end-power potential than stereo amp with the same 400W nominal power, as the Evo-402e is.

Unfortunately, it costs...
Sonrock

Chk mbl specifications if speaker drops below to 2-3 ohms, I would say go to Krell. If my memory doesn't mess, I remember that MBL speakers are not easy loads for amps.
I may be wrong. Please chk.

cheers