Nagra plp versus CAT ultimate mk 2

Hello there , i would like some worthwhile opinions .
I have the nagra plp now running for 3 years and im sort of ready for something new.
I can switch/exchange it with a closed wallet for the cat with phono as mentioned.
I like the nagra and will do some extensive listening at the shop before i switch off course .
The thing i like about the nagra is that it is dynamic and clean .
Th cat might have a bit more force/grunt and more " tonal colours" at least thats what i read and heard .
Its off course practical for a phono /dvd system only, just as the plp
andromedaaudio
Thanks bombaywalla, pubul57 for the info .
I might indeed have them tested cq buy new.
Another impression .
After a couple of dvds with which i am familiar.
The cat is a much better line stage , i have the impression its much quiter with blacker backgrounds .
It has that triode? magic , the sound is floating in a crystal clear soundbubble bigger than the nagra , i would not call it a deeper soundstage projection but simple a bigger soundfield .
Images and sounds have real magic to them although very precise and controlled , makes me want to try their poweramps someday.
A real highend product capable of giving something extra
Hi I've been curious watching your thread evolve. I've had a hard time besting my Nagra (PLL and VPS). Most things are 2 or 3 steps better somewhere then 1 or 2 back somewhere else. I'll be curious over time if the new fun wears off and if you miss your Nagra PLP a little...

Good luck to you ! Very nice system btw
Thanks jfrech.

I must mention that my plp was a secondhand one and had been serviced in the meantime with new tubes and adjusted , although at a respectably high end repair company .
You are right sometimes the factor "change does matter" kicks in.
First off all things are always system dependable off course , i reckon the cat will smooth out ceramic materials i dont know why.
fact is and i will probably stand by that , the cat "does" something with the sound , i think its definetively worth a try , and not that expensive.
Game changing pre amp .

I started listening to cds s as well and find them quite involving , unbelievebale i never thought it could happen .
It changed my opinion about ceramic materials as well , ceramic drivers dont have a hint of hardness anymore not even the tweeters .
It not only controls and reproduces sound it makes it come alive again, the sound is full of control and nuances and more detail .
I think i m gonna buy a legend and a jl2 or 3 and call it a day , although i like to have big transistors hanging around , the legend pre will be in the system anyway , at some time .
A 6550 tube amp with power and triode sound , i cant wait .

My second system will be ML 32 /33