NAD C165 vs Parasound 2100 vs Emotiva USP-1

I was looking at a pre-amp and wondering if I could get some opinions on the following.

- Emotiva USP-1
- Parasound 2100 new Classic
- Pasasound Halo P3
- NAD C165 BEE
jmorgan127
Thanks. I have Quad 22L speakers (british somewhat laid back) and outlaw amps. I am a bit worried that the NAD will be too boomy with the Quad speakers.

The reputation of NAD is on the warmer side but I have also hear that some models are more neutral.

any thoughts on that BigHead63

anyone have direct experience with the NAD C165 BEE?
The most recent NAD classic models have a more neutral presentation than their predecessors. The c165bee is a nice pre-amp and should hold it's own or eclipse the Halo. Emotiva is more focused on blue lights and aesthetics in my opinion.
"do you include the C 165 BEE in the "most recent classic models".

Yes I do, the c165bee is the current classic pre-amp. It has (from what I have read) a good headphone amp and phono stage. I did not use those features, but in it's other duties is was quite good.
thanks,

That is important info. If the NAD is neutral it has a lot of features I would like.

It looks like it is down to the parasound P3 and the NAD C 165. For me. I was also looking at a adcom 750 but it lacks an important feature or two. So unless I hear that the adcom way outclasses the nad and parasound I will probably go with one of the latters.

Jeff