Audio Research DS 450 amp......thoughts

....that's what I'm looking for, thoughts on this class D amp from this tube giant. Some people like like it.....what do YOU think if you have heard it
garebear
Thank you for your reponses....what must also be take into consideration is that this amp is $8,000. It is not inexpensive however you want to compare.
Flex2
Before you bash a product you should at least listen to it in a familiar environment. and in the case of the new ARC digital amps make sure they've had several hundred hrs to burn in.I have the Dsi 200 and it's evolved into an outstanding amp.
ONE OF MY MAJOR GRIPES WITH AUDIOGON IS THAT PEOPLE MAKE BLANKET STATEMENT ABOUT PRODUCTS THEY HAVE NO EXPERIANCE WITH!!
This practice is a disservice to all envolved.
Efner
I you read my input a little better you will find that I don't bash DS450 in particular.
I bash the principle of class D amplifiers in general.
Read again and learn some about why the technology can't compete with traditional amplifier technology.
I hear a lot of different amplifiers, and until now I haven't heard any class D amplifier that sound really good.
And please remember, that is MY experience.
Yours might be different.
Why let the facts get in the way of expressing an opinion? That's why the internet was invented, right? :)
"I don't bash DS450 in particular. I bash the principle of class D amplifiers in general."

I'm not sure how anyone can make a statement like that seriously. Everyone is entitled to say whether or not they like a particular amplifier. But to claim that an entire class of amplification is poor is a gross generalization. Audio Research is too well-regarded a company to waste their time, first with the 150.2 and 300.2 amps, and now the entire DSx series, if they don't believe that class D amplifiers can be at least the equal of other types of amps. The same can be said of Mark Levinson (whose newest amp is class D), Rowland, W4S, Bel Canto, Nu Force, and many other manufacturers. It's just become either too easy, or the "in thing" to claim that an amplifier simply doesn't cut it, after all, it's a class D amp. Critique individual amplifiers if you will, but don't generalize.