Anyone compared 6922 Sovtek & Electro-Harmonix

In Audio Research Preamps?
alan2
Yes, that's an issue as well. As long as there not way off they should work just fine depending of course on the circuit. Honestly, there just isn't a really great 6922 on the market. If you can find inexpensive legit Amperex 7308's that's my favorite tube of all time and that was the top of the line. It went from top to bottom, 7308, 6922, 6DJ8.
The Russian Tubes 1990-2000 Blow the EH away in my Audio Research Ref I/1999 Vesion, BUT..I'm using 2 Amperex GOLDEN GLOBE/HOLLAND in the out put-stages/L/R
SOUNDS GREAT!!
Alan,
Amperex "GOLDEN GLOBE"? I must be missing something. I know there are Amperex 6DJ8/ECC88, 6922/E88CC, and 7308/E188CC with "ORANGE" globe logo. I've never heard of "Golden Globe" Amperex. ;-P

And I have several hundred of this tube type from Amperex in my collection.

Skipped the Russian tubes all together, they just suck the life out of the recordings. I had just plugged in some 80's Rusian 6h23n into my LS-25 and they sounded flat and murky.

FrankC
I think the Electro Hamonix 6922 tubes sounded pretty darn good for the price. But in a preamp that operates in pure Class A, they don't last very long and that is their achilles heel.
I wish the JJ E88CC was a better tube. Also unreliable and they become noisy in short order.