BAT REX power consumption

I'm considering moving to a BAT REX, but have some concerns regarding the power consumption. The specs indicate 470 watts total between the power supply and main chassis. Even the 52SE puts out 250 watts. I don't think I've seen any preamp putting out more than 100 watts, with most consuming considerably less. Is this something, outside of increasing one's electric bills, to be concerned about?
lula
His words:
"That number is indeed correct - any tube unit with 18 tubes will dissipate a fair amount of heat, that is just tubes' nature."

Still, I have to wonder how the power module could draw a constant 250 watts without blowing a lot of 2A fuses @ 120V . . .
Well, to begin with, the specs are stating the VA ratings, not Watts. In typical case the VA number will be higher. You can easily google the difference between the two. I just stuck the power meter on one REX power module and got 155W and 180VA.

In addition, the specs have to be conservative, worst case. There will always be variations due to a particular tube set parameters (there are tolerances to everything including the heater power) and line voltage value - it is supposed to be 120V, but can be higher.

Normally the 2A fuse has sufficient margin, but in rare case can blow for no good reason, simply due to variations in turn-on conditions. If that happens replacing it with a 2.5A or even 3A fuse might make sense. As I mentioned, cases of a 2A fuse going for no good reason have been extremely rare.

Regards,

Victor Khomenko
Hi Victor,
If the REX power module is putting out typically 155 watts, what is the main chassis' output at the same time?