Cary Audio CAD 280sa V12i Power amp

Hi, does anyone out there would ever give me some advices about this power amp? What would be a nice preamp to pair with? any advices will be great. What were the original set of tubes being came with when back to the production year. Thx guys..Pat
patsu97
I had a V12R...awesome amp, hooked up to a Cary SLP98P pre Ruby EL-34's 12ax7 EL-84's. Electroharmonix. Mine ran hot enough to cook hamburgers. I have the CAD 120's now. Good luck.
Thx, Polk432, was the v12R ever drove you crazy at some points during your ownership? I never used a Cary before, all my current setup are McIntosh with c22 Pre, MX132 and mc275, dual MC2100s. Thx again.
Cary's 98L is a good match for obvious reasons.Dump the cheap Chnese El34 Rubys in the V12,funds permitting look for Tesla's or Svetlana's.
Just received the amp. Looks so pretty. Hooked up to power and a preamp. All Tubes lit up, But hear nothing, double checked all wires are connected correctly. Anyone knows what could this be happened? At one point, got it work but very low sound with distortion, I am confused now, was it the bias issue ? I need help !! thanks