Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Sugarbie, which specific Blue Circle preamps would you recommend? Don't know anyone who owns them and no dealer handy. Many thanks.
After visiting the web-site, it looks as though this preamp is really optimized for vinyl playback. Linestage receives mostly "afterthought" remarks. Slowhand, what digital source do you use?
I play more vinyl, but the line stage is also very good. I use a pioneer "stable platter" CD player. BWhite got the Chardonney which is the same preamp with linestage only and he told me it was the best that he has come across. For $2500 (line/phono), or $2100 (line only) they are a steal. Only down side is because they are hand built one at a time it can take some time to get it, but it is well worth the wait. Mine took 3 months, I think Brian got his in 4 weeks. If these were built in the US they would be going for much more. The Supratek website has a review of the unit by Mark Bucksath which was due to come out in Ultimate Audio before they went belly up. Mark really nails the sound of the Supratek in his review.
Grandpa: You could start with the Blue Circle BC3 with the Despina power supply ($3,300). The external power supply can be traded in for the Galatea power supply later. The BC3 Galatea ($4,650) is Stereophile Class A and it is not their best preamp. Higher up is the BC3000 ($6,250) and above that the AG3000 ($11,500). At the low end is the BC21 ($1500), but for real high end it really starts with the BC3

If there is not a Blue Circle dealer in your area contact them. If you're willing to buy direct they will in many cases sell to you direct for 25% off list with free shipping.

You could check online at Soundstage for reviews and at Audioreview.com... Also at the Blue Circle website there are links to reviews, and customer systems who you may be able to contact.

When I spoke to Mick about the price of the Suprateks, he said the exchange rate is 2 to 1 for the American dollar. So double the price if the pre amp is made in the U.S. and then add another 50% if it was retailed in audio stores.

In other words, the Chardonay would have to sell for around $6000 if manufactured and sold in retail shops in the U.S.