SS amps for merlin vsm

hi
I am using merlins with AA prestige SACD, Filarmonia amp and cardas GR
cables. would like to buy a SS int amp. ($ 5000) How is plinius 9200 with merlin vsm. anybody tried this ?

thank you
masilu
My experience is "spot on" with Tubegroover. If you can find a ZX270, by all means try it. For me it is almost unbelievable that such an un-imposing little box can do what it does. I purchased the amp a few years ago and have never even bothered to open the cover, let alone replace the tubes. I don't even know what tubes are in it, and don't care. It's my only component that I get anxiety when I think I may someday have to risk shipping it back to Berning for something or another. Will probably drive it to Maryland if that day ever comes. Bridges best of tubes & SS.

Merlin VSM-mm master upgrade, Herron pre, Berning power, CGR cables
And another vote for berning!!
I have both the zh 230&270, both fabulous with merlins, better than my previous accuphase e550 or sugden masterclass.

E
weekend
I auditioned Primare 30.1 integrated and simaudio moon w3 with Modwright pre in my room ....

Primare sound was close to Ars Fila, something almost like fila with more power...I would have confused if given a chance to pick one between these two, since i already have fila theres no point buying primare...in close comparison Fila Outperforms...Bass is fuller in fila compared to primare

Then it was Modwright pre and moon power...sound was smooth,not bright, bass was toooo tight and not full..Overall it was very good, but fila was better...

I think my ears and merlin are tunned for tubes

So there ends the agressive search for SS amps for Merlin

thank you for all the sincere inputs

now let me have a look on Berning ZH 270
I was thinking musical fidelity amps have a lower damping factor (150 to 220) compared to many solid state class AB amps...and that should match merlins

but 'miker' observed valves better than M Fidelity

So i am not wasting time on that... thanx, miker :)

Hi, I actually enjoy the Wadia 151 with my MAster TSM amazingly!
Go and see if you like: Learn > Reviews > Speakers > 1316122840