Power Cable options for Levinson 300 series

I currently have the Levinson 33H's, and before them the 336. Both these amps have a Levinson power cable built right into the Chassis. Knowing how much a good power cable can improve a component, I am wondering what I could be missing in improved performance if I was able to put an after market cable on my 33H's. Does anyone know of any way to make this happen for the 300 series, as I believe they all, from the 331 to the 336, and including the 33H and 33's..........have built in power cables!
bullot
I agree, with Samzx12. Before spending mega bucks on power conditioners or even powercords, get a dedicated line installed. It's relatively inexpensive. I paid like $300 for two 20amp dedicated lines about 8 years ago. One for the front end and one for the amps.

I've just started my house remodel project, and will be adding a dedicated listening room with more dedicated lines, one for the digital front end, one for the analog front end, one for the amplification, and one for the HT gear. Luckily the electrician had done something similar for some rich client before, so he doesn't think that I am crazy.

FrankC
Seriously, a few years back, the local (now defunct) store was demoing a pair of the reference Krell monoblocks like 1000w each driving a pair of the Dynaudio Evidence speakers. In the middle of the demonstration, the breaker tripped and the entire store went dark. Supposedly the store had these 30amp lines. But I guess the Krell was drawing a lot of current during some passages. It required 20 minutes before they could turn on the power again. But within few seconds of their second try, the store went dark again. I didn't want to wait another twenty minutes so I left. Imagine someone using zipcords behind those Krells. I wonder what would happen....

FrankC
I still own a 335 and it has the removable power cord that was replaced even before I plugged it into the wall the first time with a BMI Whale elite. Huge difference in soundstaging and low end reproduction. The even bigger difference sonically in my system was the addition of adding a 20 amp dedicated line for the amps. It opened up the dynamics and reduced the noise in the system even more. I would suggest trying that first?
Post removed 
The standard power connector in the aftermarket cable industry is the 15amp IEC connector. The 336, 33H, and the 33 cannot use a 15amp connector, because even the baby of the bunch, the 336, needs 17.71amps at 120v to reach full rated power with 8ohm loads. The 33H and 33 regenerate AC, which is an inefficient process, so they really need more current than a 15amp circuit is capable of.

There is a 20amp IEC connector available, but even that one isn't all that interesting for a 336, as 4ohm rated power requires 30.59amps at 120v. ML probably just threw in the towel and made a 10/3(?) power cord captive. For folks that use a true 20amp or 30amp circuit and outlet (which has a different power plug configuration) ML says in the owners manual to just change the plug on the captive power cord.

Frankly, I'm surprised even the 335 comes with a 15amp IEC port, because the 335 requires 20.93amps to reach rated power into 4ohm loads. I suppose ML felt they needed to support replaceable power cords for marketing reasons where it was possible.

The "right way" to power amps of this class is to run a dedicated 220v/30amp line to each amplifier, and have a dealer reconfigure the amps for that voltage.

To be perfectly honest, I've never understood amps with this much rated power. The 336 is delivering wattage equal to one horsepower per channel into 4ohm loads. Unless you have one heck of a set of speakers, with a large array of drivers with massive voice coils, this sort of power is just going to heat up speaker motors and cause poor performance. Given the potential power output, I'd recommend using at least 10ga speaker cables (8ga for longer runs) with high quality spade terminations on the amp side, and spades or locking banana plugs on the speaker side.