Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Horace Silver Quintet - "Silver's Serenade" [Blue Note LP reissue '63/'7?] Overall I'm preferring this to the RVG CD I also have on hand, primarily for its openess, texture, and more involving sense of communication (though I find my cartridge does rise inaccurately the top octaves), but how much of that preference is attributable to my gear, how much to the remastering, and how much to format I can't say -- something I believe is almost always true in these comparisons

Horace Silver - "Sterling Silver" [Blue Note LP compilation '79, rec. '56-'64] Unissued + alternate takes + 45rpm versions previously unavailable on LP, all but one are Quintet, most or all of which have since been appended to CD reissues as bonus tracks, a few of which I also have, and again I'm preferring the LP

Horace Silver - "The Trio Sides" [Blue Note mono/stereo 2LP compilation '76, rec. '52-'68] Great collection of Horace without the usual 2-horn frontline he helped popularize, and so really showcases his piano
Usually something by a lesser known, older, female artist. Tonite it is Sylvia Tyson.
Hi e,

I am truly fortunate to have music friends locally who are willing to explore music new to them. I love it because they also introduce me to music I never would otherwise have selected on my own!

Cheers,
Rush
The Wailers - "The Wailers Wail" [Golden Crest LP '59/'6?] The Wailers from Tacoma, WA, stompin' Northwest scene-mates of The Kingsmen, Paul Revere & The Raiders, and The Sonics

Booker T. & The MG's - "And Now!" [Stax stereo LP '66] This monster sounds so alive you can practically see down the throat of Booker T.'s Leslie horn

The Gloria Coleman Quartet featuring Pola Roberts - "Soul Sisters" [Impulse! mono LP '63] Gender-balanced Hammond organ group with Grant Green guitar and Leo Wright alto, Pola Roberts drums.

Cannonball Adderly - "...And The Poll Winners" [Riverside mono LP '60] With Ray Brown, Wes Montgomery, Victor Feldman, Louis Hayes

Bob Brookmeyer/Bossa Nova - "Trombone Jazz Samba" [Verve stereo LP '62] With Jim Hall & Jimmy Raney guitars, Gary McFarland vibes, Willie Bobo drums, Carmen Costa & Jose Paulo percussion

Gabor Szabo - "Dreams" [Skye LP '68] Hungarian psych-funk-jazz at its finest, from the genre's originator, master, and sole exponent!