Integrated with Phono Stage under $10K

I'm looking to move up in the world and get a great integrated. I want to simplify in the process so I prefer it have a phono stage too. It will be mated with ProAc speakers (Response 1SC currently, Response D28 in the near future).

I enjoyed the Manley Stingray I had, but it lacked detail and staging and was a bit noisy. The Red Wine Audio I use right now is awesome where the stingray isn't, but is not as musical. I want both.

Contenders thus far are:

Copland CTA 405
Gryphon Atilla
VAC Integrated (Current Alpha or older Avatar)

Comments from owners would be aprreciated. What else should I be looking at?
shazam
Glad to hear you're loving the sound. Yes it is very seductive. I listen to a lot of jazz and there are some recording that are mesmerizing.

I am loving my LSA Signature. If you are looking for some speakers I have my amp pair up with some Salk HT3 full range speakers. Salk makes some amazing speakers that provide a great match with the LSA.

Happy listening.
I had the CTA 402 for quite sometime now. Coincidently I run them through the Proac response 1SC as well. I like the way of the integrated because of less signal path route. The warm tube actually matched quite well with the 1sc. Love love love this match up. And if the CTA 402 sounds that good then I think the CTA 405 must sound better. My CTA 402 made the easy driving, non-greedy 1SC sound so good I bought a second pair of the Response 1SC for my dad.

At this time I am looking to keep the CTA 402 and inquiring if I can hook up a pair of monoblocks to it and use it as a preamp. What can I say, got the upgrading bug again but not wanting to give up the CTA 402. Does anybody know if this can be done, and how? Thank you in advance and welcome any suggestions.
I had a chance to review the Luxman SQ-38u at home this last week-end. Just for posterity sake I thought I would post a few thoughts here since it was one of the contenders I looked at.

First off - best headphone amp I've ever heard. Granted, I've not heard a ton, but the synergy with my AKG 702s was wonderful. Lively, accurate, super deep soundstage (something none of my other headphone amps have managed) and just plain a joy to listen to. I think it certainly points me in a direction if I ever invest heavily in a headphone amp.

Conversely, the amp does not have good synergy with my ProAc speakers. More to the point, the amp seems to me to be made to work best with single driver speakers and create that "old school" sound heard in top gear from a generation or two ago. Great for what it is but not what I was looking for. Nice imaging and great bloom almost on par with the LSA, and tone almost better (with vocals/choral selections this may have been true). But it was markedly 'slower' and 'flabby' compared to the LSA at the bottom end - which is where my heart lies and what seduces me about music. The weight of string section doesn't carry moment as well, the articulation and clarity of the bass and drums not up to snuff with the LSA in my opinion.

Lastly, it was hot, Hot, HOT! I suppose an all tube class A design will always be this way, but it certainly needs to be shelved on the top of any rack. I had to pull it out from where I had it for worry of blackening the wood on the underside of my rack.

All in all a nice unit. I love the features and the headphone amp is awesome. If the sound signature is to your liking, certainly worth your consideration.
Coincidently i use my Copland CTA402 to drive the Response 1SC as well and I love the sound. I love the clear midrange (especially vocals), and the base is just beautifully adequate (not too much or too soft).

The one thing I want to know is if I can use the CTA integrated as a preamp should I want to add monoblocks just to change things up every now and then, but still have the integrated to go back to when I want. Do you have any comments or do you know if the Copland integrated can be used as a preamp?
Don't know about using the Copland as a pre - that depends on if it is set up with the jumpers and what not to do so. I do know I can use my LSA that way (either as a pre, or as just an amp) but can't find any specs on the Copland.