Amplifier Experience Gryphon Pass Lamm BAT

After living with a small integrated amp for quite some time (Pathos) I am finally about to take the plunge and buy myself a large power amplifier with a matching preamp. (Speakers are WB Chimeras)

I am focussed mostly on class A amps amd prefer a neutral sound erring on the warm side. After having lived with Pathos for a while I am looking for someting more powerful than most tube amps.

The brands and models I have narrowed it down to are:
- BAT VK52SE+ 2x BAT VK600
- Pass Labs XP-20 + XA160.5 Monos
- Lamm L2 Reference + Lamm M1.2 Reference Monos
- Gryphon Mirage + Antileon Signature Stereo

All models are used or ex-demo equipment I could get a good price on hence if some manufacturers (Krell, mbl etc.) are not included this is because there is either no opportunity or I excluded them for some other reason.

The above are listed according to price I could get them at with the BAT being quite a bit cheaper and the other three being quite close.

I will not be able to compare any of the above in the same room, etc so I would be grateful for any direct experience people have in comparing the above!
hamburgcity
Hamburgcity,

Of the manufacturer's you've chosen i have owned two and heard one for a fair amount of time to voice an opinion...For quality, neutral sound, reliability,build quality and synergy capabilities i would choose the Pass Labs first...My second choice would be Gryphon for many of the same attributes though my reservation would be in the Antileon amp...Quite good but bettered by many now due to age of design.

Good luck,
Man you have some great choices here. My personal decision would be BAT with the sound you've described. Also the 52se is upgradeable to Rex down the road. The other good thing is there is a good bit of the BAT gear on here both used and demo being they just got rid of a good bit of dealers and people are dumping there inventory so you might get something under full warranty also. Lamm would be my next choice I would say. But a lot of your choice seems to be a decision of what you can get on here at the time you make the decision.
Thank you Azjake, could you go into a little more detail of Pass Labs XA compared to Antileon Signature? I have read good things about both but pretty much no direct comparisons. I thought the Pass XA series has also been around for quite some time and the .5 version is just a minor improvement over previous XA amps?

Beerdraft - thanks for your comment too. Yur system looks great by the way! I am in Europe so the offer in used BAT models is far more limited than what I can see here on Audiogon for the US. Do you have experience comparing BAT to PASS, Gryphon or Lamm?

Given the comparison of older vs. newer class A designs one more brand I would like to add to my own list is Karan Acoustics, i.e. KA-L + KA-PAS450 as a dealer carries these. Nevertheless they would be the most expensive and I am a bit sceptical of the brand as they do not nearly have the track record of any of the above.