Best amp to Partner with Jeff Rowland Criterion

I have a Rowland Crtiterion Preamp and Rowland 312 Power amp. The 312 is amazing in its neutrality and transparancy, but it's NOT the last word in dynamic capability and low end frequency extention. Anyone had a chance to try out other power amps with this world class Pre?
kawika
I have a 301 on the way to drive the very power hungry Revel Salon 2's, I've enjoyed reading your posts and will let you know how everything works (I will be using the Meridian 861 in the front end.
Sounds exciting.... Did you buy 301s new, or you purchased the set advertised by David Weinhart on Agon? Heard Criterion + recent production 301s on Revel last July at Renaissance Audio in Dallas, and the result was wonderful. G.
Yes, I am quite excited about the purchase. I did indeed purchase the 301 advertised by Davie Weinhart on Audiogon. I have been using the jrdg 304 with the Salon2 to good effect- the Revel with the Criterion and recent production 301 does sound like it would be an excellent pairing. I have read in this forum that there are differences between recent and original 301's- are you familiar with the differences? There does not appear to be any reviews on the 301's. Cheers D
In relatively recent times, the core of the 301 internals gave up the old conversion modules used for the M302, and went to the ICEpower 1000ASP modules used for M312. There may be other changes, but I do not know what they may be. Guido