Entry level dedicated preamp vs. reciever preamp

Hi folks,

I have recently added a tube cd player and quicksilver mini-mite tube monoblocks to my two channel setup. My last decision is whether I should replace my denon avr-3803 receiver which is being used as a preamp in order to buy a parasound 2100 or emotiva usp-1. I've heard it argued that in order to get an obvious improvement in sound over the receiver preamp, I would have to spend over $1k for a dedicated preamp.

I cross over my paradigm signature S2 bookshelfs at 100hz to my rythmik sub and the sound is seamless. I intend continue using by behringer BFD to EQ the lows and an adjustable high pass crossover is important to me. My receiver, the parasound, and the denon all offer the adjustable crossover. There are not many preamps out there that offer the sub out and crossover unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.
cooljazzcat
those are some very serious, and excellent, speakers, I think you would see a huge improvement in sound from a dedicated 2 channel preamp. Why don't you just go with a 2.1 system for everything?

Look at Bryston, McIntosh, ARC used SS preamps, what a killer system.
Why not go with the Quicksilver line stage? I have often considerend buying this, as it is not too expensive and is a very well made tube preamp. It's not balance though and only has RCAs, so it won't work for me. If they ever do a balanced version, I would be interested. It is an excellent preamp from the same place that makes your amps. My dealer used one to demo amps from Wolcott, because W did not make a preamp and it sounded wounderfull.
I guess where I have a challenge is how to find a preamp which has a sub out and adjustable crossover. Because of room dimensions, I cross over at 100 hz, and as I mentioned, my rythmik sub is sealed servo and it is seamless. I sold my S8 towers because I could not manage the bass and added the EQ. My room response is now completely flat.

If I add a preamp which does not have the sub out and adjustable crossover, I will have the same room problems again. This is why I am interested in those particular units, but if anyone has experience with crossing over their speakers some other way, I am open for suggestions.

thanks.
Would someone please comment if the parasound and the emotiva are a step up over the receiver unit? thanks