Choice of amplifier

I recently purchased a pair of Sonus Faber Extrema. For those of you who know the Extrema, they need a lot of power. I currently own an EAR 890 (70WPC class A), which has plenty of power, but not enough to drive the Extrema well. So, I am selling the EAR to get a bigger amp. Here are a few choices I am considering:

a) CJ Premier 140 (or Premier 12)
b) A muscular solid state (a 300WPC Cello or a similarly powerful Edge)
c) I might get another EAR 890 and use them in mono

What do you think?
ggavetti
An Ear890 running into mono might not make it with the low impedence characteristic's of your Sonus.Here is a link from Stereophile about your speakers.More like a 5 ohm speaker.I would consider something that could drive 4 ohms all day long.When you run a lot of amps in mono,8 ohms may be the lowest for them.EAR doesn't seem to give any spec's on the net.Link>>[http://stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/915/index3.html]
Of course if you want to go class D, which is not a bad thing at all, few amps can keep up with the Wyred4Sound amps for overall performance and bang-for-the-buck. I have their STI-500 in my other system and it is very good indeed. Dynamic capability is among the amp's strong points and it puts out a healthy 550W/channel into 4 ohms. If you have any specific questions about its performance you may e-mail me privately.
My cent .. Gavetti

I suggest you the Parasound Halo JC1's on the Extrema
I know very well the S.F Extrema sound and I'm sure the sweetness combined to the brutal power of these monoblocks are a perfect "Matrimonio" (marriage)
I have them on my Thiel 2.4
Great loudspeakers too

Curio

Merry Christmas to everyOne