SMc Audio VRE preamp anyone?

As the title suggests -- anyone have experience with this McCormack preamp? I used to have a TLC-1, DNA.5 and Mod Squad phono stage set up that has always stayed in memory as a wonderfully musical amplification package. I've moved on (and up, to some extent) and now have a pair of Spectron Monos needing a new (hopefully long-lived, if not final) preamp upgrade. I'm interested in learning more about Steve's ultimate pre-amp from anyone who has heard one.

Thanks
oscar44
Post removed 
I have had mine since last December. I needed a 0 gain pre-amp to run with my high gain Yamamoto A-09S 300B amp to a pair of Zu Definition Mk II speakers. While this may sound like a somewhat unnatural pairing, I have been extremely pleased. As Tvad indicated, quiet, resolution and dynamics are all there. In addition I have found it to be very balanced. While this is my first high dollar pre-amp, I have owned the Blue Circle BC-3, Joule Electra LA-150 Mk I and First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II. I have also had in my system pre-amps from CAT and Supratek. While none of them sounded bad, they all left me with a feeling that something was missing. That feeling is now gone. I never think about the pre-amp anymore. That's probably the highest compliment I can give.

Mark
Post removed 
Hi Oscar -

I just want to point-out that there is an owner review of the VRE-1 posted in the Reviews section here on Audiogon. Here is the link:

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?rprea&1212186368&read&3&4&

There is another owner planning to post his observations in the reviews section in a week or 2, so keep an eye out for that. And, of course, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Best regards,

Steve McCormack
SMc Audio