Audio Research LS-7 LS7 upgrades suggestions

Hello all,

I just acquired an Audio Research LS-7 and would like to make relatively simple upgrades to take it to another level. I have searched online but found very little information, so any and all suggestions are very appreciated.

Thanks,
Dustin
dustin14
I think tube rolling, Hexfred diodes and new in/output caps will make a very nice upgrade. But the limiting factor in the LS7 is the power transformer which is rather small.
I had the LS7 but moved up to the LS22, the transformer is twice the size of the LS7 and the LS22 is also a balanced circuit which means double of most componets.
-Caps - 30% increase or just different but not better
-Diodes - 30% increase
-Fuse - 10% increase
-Damping chassis etc... 2 -5% increase
-New footers - 2 -5% increase
-Power cable - 5 - 10% increase
-Replacing Potentiometer with like a TKD or better than the basic Alps or nobel whatever it is in the unit can be a - 15% increase
-RCA's - depending on Resistance, if you go with a new gen WBT or something maybe a 2 - 5% increase

All this depends on how that unit reacts with the selection of new parts vs. another unit. Also how easy this unit is to work on, and how many values you can see or figure out on the parts to actually replace them.

Some are more effective in certain flavors, some are not. Tubes are easy, try them, but that's gonna cost you as much or worse drive you crazy buying NOS and not finding a happy spot!
Thank you all for the great suggestions. So far, it appears that the two simplest upgrades I should do now are the diodes and fuse (???).

Dustin