Karan amp experiences wanted

I am looking for experiences with the Karan KA S180 amplifier. I have found some stuff in old threads and it is enough to have me pretty intrigued. My biggest question is would the power be enough to drive my Watt Puppy 7's. I have been looking to replace my current Krell FPB 600c for a while and just have not found the amp to fill it's space. The larger Karan's are out of my range for now. My room is not large but i do listen loud. I do not believe the KA S 180 is designed for lower impedance like the Watt Puppy but i am not certain. It would be great to hear any of your experiences with this amp and if any have used the two together.
richard_stacy
I haven't had the oportunity to hear the Karan's amp but I'm in the same boat, Burmester is my first option to pair my Cremonas M basicly I am between the 036 and 956 MK2 model but go for the Karan KA S 180 would be a blind purchase even do is a risk I wouldn't mind to take.
Gferrari,

I've heard both the 036 and 956 Mk2. I didn't heard a 'different' sound between the two. I bought the 036 because I didn't have the money for the 956 Mk2. If I had, I would have gone with the 956 Mk2. Why, because of the power and the headroom.

I would bypass the Karan KA S180, the same as I suggested to Richard_Stacy, and audition the KA S270 if I had the money to buy one if I liked it.

When you're dealing with this kind of money, personal auditions, and especially in home auditions are a must, and dealers ought to understand that.
Thanks for the input so far. These are all difficult amps to get a handle on as auditions are near impossible in Ohio. I have not listened to Burmester or Accuphase (which all I have seen are pretty low powered). I am also unable to afford the larger Karan ass Krellman suggested as my interest in the 180. It is always interesting to hear these experiences with some of the more unique products to my area.
Richard,

Where are you in Ohio? There is a Burmester dealer on the northwest corner of Indianapolis, IN, Ovation Ultimate. They have a complete Burmester Classic line set up that makes you want to just sit there and bask in the music for hours and hours. James is the person to talk to there.

Karan, I believe is at a dealership in Chicago, IL. You'd have to call Darren at Avatar Music to see who and where they are.

I haven't really looked for an Accuphase dealership since I'm more than happy with my Burmester.

Chuck
I want to upgrade to an stereo amp since months and as I live in Germany I have heard the Burmester in a variety of system but the reviews and specifications from Karan keep me captivated but lamentably there is no dealer in Germany, the KA S 270 is over my capacity and you still can find very good deals on Burmester amps from very respecful dealers.