battery powered with 'vivid' sound

I am looking for battery powered amp options that have a sound signature more vivid in nature than refined. I'm basically looking for a battery powered version of a Manley tube amp operating in triode mode (connected to a pair of ProAc 1SC). My real objective is to get my components off the grid and save the thousands of dollars I would otherwise spend on re-wiring the house, power conditioning, and cables.

I have a Red Wine Signature 30.2 that I'm trying out and there is a lot to like about it; detail and staging blow away the Manley and my acoustic jazz on vinyl is wonderful. But it comes up shy to what I want with rock and pop, it's not as emotional or involving compared to the Manley.

Suggestions?
shazam
So this may seem like a stupid question, and it may in fact be better suited for a Red Wine Audio forum directly, but can you in fact unplug the Signature 30.2 from the wall and then listen to it?

It seems like everywhere I read, this amp has to stay plugged in. It seems like there in fact a couple of "battery powered" hifi components out there that still say "you should stay plugged in" all the time so they can stay totaly charged.

Maybe I'm just not getting it.

Some manufacturers may throw a lot of science my way by saying, we'll with my XYZ unit, you're not *really* connected, but as a prospective buyer my point is if you're really on batteries, then why do you have to stay plugged in?
Rotty,
I believe these units are set up to charge when the power switch is turned off. So when the unit is turned on the charge mode is switched off.
Hi Rotty,

I cannot speak for all manufacturers who use batteries, but ALL of our Red Wine Audio components run only on the internal SLA batteries, so the chargers can be unplugged and they will run just fine. Of course at some point, you'll need to plug them in to charge. Charging takes place when the unit is turned OFF and the charger is plugged in.

You might also find this link to be interesting regarding battery power:
http://www.redwineaudio.com/about/why-sla

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,

Vinnie Rossi
Red Wine Audio
Thanks for the responses, Listens2Tubes and Vinnie.

I dont mean to single out Red Wine Audio in my concerns about battery powered hi-fi being required to stay plugged in, its just that in doing some of my preliminary research on the RWA 30.2 unit, what struck me was this line in the Tone Audio review:

"Turn the 30.2 off and it immediately
goes back into charge mode, as indicated by the red
LED on the AC charger. Red Wine Audio insists that
you leave the charger plugged in at all times."

And then this line in the 6 Moons review:

"Forget accidentally deep-discharging the onboard batteries to eventually drain them beyond revival. The monitoring module keeps continuous tabs on battery voltage to automate the recharge process. Just leave the now universal 100-240V battery charger plugged into a live AC outlet."

In my perfect battery powered world (that exists only in my imagination right now), I can take my battery powered components out to a camping site, bust out a pair of smaller 2-way speakers that are a good match, and have some hi-fi for a few hours. Better yet, I could bring the entire rig over to a friends house without worrying about displacing any of his furniture or other electrical components for the evening.
I have a battery-operated preamp from another manufacturer. The point of disconnecting the power cord from the preamp during operation is to address RF issues that would otherwise result from being connected to the AC grid, or even having an unconnected power cord dangling from the back of the preamp.