Audio Research Reference 5 Preamp

So I see on the Audio Research Data Base website they listed the new ARC REF 5 preamp for $12000. Does anybody have any details about it?
tlg
Isn't it amazing that after all this time and effort, there's still room for "substantial" improvement in even the most expensive products?
You have to hand it to ARC. They sure know how to extract cash from their clientele. They know that a certain percentage of there Ref-3 owners will trade up for the new model. I guess that's how they stay in business.
No Money,

I know companies have to come out with new gear to create sales. But ARC is notorious for coming out with 2 or 3 versions of the same unit. Example Vt-100 mkl mk2 mk3. They also change models very quickly. Other companies don't change their lines every few years.
I don't question everyones love for music. But I think that we get bored listening to our familiar songs or familiar music after a while and we need the thrill of some new piece of gear to "rediscover" our collection. That's what manufacturer's are banking on. My wife just rolls her eyes everytime I tell her that this is it. The size and cost of our upgrades are proportional to our budgets. When I see ARC Ref 3's on the market, I think that would be the end all be all preamp for me, but obviously people are looking for something even better. It's just like a drug addiction- our bodies build up a resistance and we need a stronger dose. I guess at some point we have to go through detox- sell all our gear and listen to FM radio/MP3 players for a couple of years and then ease back into the hobby with a Marantz 8B and a pair of studio monitors.
I don't get much time to listen these days, but knowing my system is there and ready to be fired up gives me comfort. So I won't lie to myself and claim I could sellout any time I want.