12AX7A and AT7 tubes

I recently changed all 8 power tubes (KT88) in my 8 year old Mac 2102 power amp. Used Gold Lion tubes as recommended by the majority of the Audiogon respondents to I thread I ran asking for KT88 advice. As suggested, these tubes really made a difference in the sound produced by the 2102. I am now thinking that maybe I should be replacing the 4-12AX7A and the 4-12AT7 tubes as well. I am pretty sure there is nothing mechanically wrong with the OEM tubes currently in the amp. but I am just interested in what this change would do for the sound, if anything. I have some questions about this move. First, do you think this is a worthwhile investment? Second, if this is a good move, what tubes do you recommend? Lastly, should I also change out these tubes in my C2200 preamp? If cost gets to be a factor, would you do the preamp first, last, or not at all? (As an aside, Upscale Audio recommends the Mullard CV4004 and CV4024. The CV4004 tubes are a whopping $80.00 each. Are they worth it?)
frepec
Frepec finish the MC2102 and then later move to the C2200. In the MC2102 you have to replace 4 input and 4 driver tubes compared to 2 phono and 2 high level tubes for C2200.
Frepec might as well replace the cheap fuses with audio grade fuses like HiFi or Isoclean.
Just a final update to close this out. I did change out all the 12AX7s and all the 12AT7s in my amp and preamp. Used NOS Mullard CV4024s (12AT7) and Mullard re-issue 12AX7s. (Couldn't afford the NOS Mullard CV4004s). Anyway, bought all this from Kevin at Upscale Audio. He really knows his tube stuff and the company is great to deal with. Fair pricing, also. This tube upgrade was really worth the time and expense! Thanks to all who responded.
How about considering using 5751's instead of 12AX7's? Apparently most of them are better. I think some of the best could be Sylvania Black plates..For more info on this, check out Joe's Tube Lore; he provides a very detailed account of his listening experiences with 5751's, 12AU7's and 6922's.
Also, just by the way, regarding Chinese Shuguang tubes, I have purchased a quad of Shuguang EL34's for my C-J MV55 amp, amd found them to be immensely superior to the Electro-Harmonix of the same type I had in there. With EH 6CA7's, however, it's a completely different story.
The 5751 is often used as a substitute for the 12AX7 although the gain factor is somewhat less (70% of the 12AX7). Depending on the circuit, this may not be noticeable.