Why does Cary Audio keep discontinuing good amps?

Is this to keep us buying from them? Why not upgrade good designs?
128x128mjcmt
I agree with the first responder. When companies continually to discontinue products, that means that they want their products continually reviewed by magazines and they want it to seem as if they are coming up with something new and better. Seriously, it just doesn't work that way. The science really doesn't take leaps and bound improvements. It comes rather slowly. The circuit designs have been around for quite some time, with subtle improvements here and there. Various manufacturing techniques have arisen that improve quality and also newer parts that are better made. However, I do have a problem with companies that discontinue equipment quickly.

enjoy
Casouza - who knows why those 2 failed. If this was such a terrible design I am surprised that the boards are not full of stories of failure. Other than your account, I would only find one other person who reported such a problem and that was 3 years ago. The design may not be optimal, but it also may not be the disaster you think it is.
Casouza - again I find myself in agreement with Dtc. "Two swallows does not make a summer, neither does one fine day; similarly one day or brief time of happiness does not make a person entirely happy" as Aristotle once opined...

The evidence of a unreliable design would be found in widespread disatisfaction of the product, forums full of lament and woe and perhaps even a product recall.
I agree with Minorl. "New and Improved" has worked for numerous product lines from all manner of companies for decades. It is a way of manipulating consumer perception into believing you can NOW have the next best thing from company X, AND the improvements will make it outshine the old equipment and other competitors. In terms of audio components, sometimes the changes, "upgrades" may actually be a genuine improvement in the product. It is hard to differentiate hype from honest improvement. Whether it is or isn't is up to the consumer to decide. Problem is, one usually has to purchase the product first in order to know for sure. A patient wait and see approach is wise. New product out: read user reviews over and over. Where considering purchase> go audition if possible. There are numerous examples of good quality products, not just audio components, gone by the wayside due to the unknown decision making of a corporate head. I agree with one poster who noted new audio products get new reviews, market "buzz." I believe the audio mag's tend to pander to those sending product thier way just as media reporters of any kind tend to frame a news story to fit their ends. Perhaps having Peter Aczel review the "new" product might deliver a more objective opinion.