Upgrade bug has hit, interested in Pass Labs Amps

So as I am feeling the upgrade bug, I have been looking into upgrading my amp. Currently I have Bel Canto Ref1000s and I feel that the class D amps are not giving me the quality of sound that I would like to receive, lacking fullness and realistic qualities. So I have been looking into Pass Labs X250 and X250.5 amps, from what I have read these are very good amps and should be a considerable upgrade from my ref1000s???? Also what is the difference in the X250 and the X250.5? Is it worth the extra 1000-1500 that I have seen them for on here?
Also any other SS amps in this price range give or take a few dollars that are recommended?
Thanks
Tim
tmesselt
>>IMHO the weak links in your system are the USB connection to the DAC (lots of jitter) and the speakers, because Paradigm speakers are voiced for home-theater use

>>If I were in your shoes, I would use an SPDIF digital input to the DAC (to reduce jitter)

Yes I agree about the usb link being weak. Although I just purchased this mac mini which I would like to use as my transport, but the only options are a mini optical and the usb for audio.
I have heard that a nice glass optical cable like the wireworld supernova can be a good option, as there is no spdif output.
(Since I dont have the funds for a mac pro with a lynx soundcard ouputing via the AES)

Thanks to all for your input, I actually have heard the Focal's paired with the ref1000s and they sounded great.

Another issue I could be having is room size, the room is 11'x17' The spearkers are on the smaller wall. 16" from the side walls and 25" from the rear wall.
I know that this is not ideal but unfortunately what I have to deal with.
tmesselt
Messelt, I agree that your Kimber USB cable could be part of the issue. . . my experiences with listening Kimber wiring is that they tend to be a bit on the tippy side. Not sure that going to a glass connection would improve things though. . . a glass fiber connection means that the electrical signal is converted to light pulses at one end, then back to electrical signals at the other end of the wire run. . . that introduces additional potential for timing inaccuracies or jitter. . . which we perceive as edginess in the sound. What power cords are you using on your Ref 1000? I am having excewllent results with Cardas Golden Ref on the Mk.2s. G.
I am using Analysis Plus Power Oval 10 for the Ref1000s and a Aural Symphonics Cappuccino for the DAC3. I am in the process of running a dedicated circuit for the ref1000s using a hospital grade duplex (all thats in the budget for now.) Maybe that will help with my issues for a while. That will not happen for a few weeks, I have to install a sub panel as I have no room for expansion in my current panel.
tmesselt
Guido, you lost me there. Cardas Golden Reference????? I tried those and they mushed the sound horribly. All cables with heavy dielectrics do the same. It was the Anti-Cable that taught me to try naked ribbons.