best tubes for VTL,5.5 preamp.

just purchased a VTL.preamp used,this is my first tube audio equipment,much better than my,CJ PFR,ss preamp,VTL,sound little thin like fuller sound,anybody,knows,what tubes will give me the sound im looking for, thanks for the help;
juancgenao
After trying several NOS tubes, I find the Amperex Bugleboy 12AX7 and Telefunken/Mullard 12AT7 tubes the best combination. Try it.

Cheers.
chidambg
Hello -
Probably a stupid questiond
How can you tell what Version the 5.5 is and what the actual changes were? The VTL website does not seem to have that information and VTL has not responded to my question as of yet.
The unit # does not change( i.e. how ARC does with MKII or giong from say a LS16 MKII to an LS17).
Just curious because I will be looking to upgrade from my quicksilver in a few months and the 5.5 is on the short list.

Thanks in advance.
I have the MKII and it has the plastic remote instead of the metal one. Don't know when the switch was made, but I don't think any the of MKI had plastic remotes. So, if your remote is plastic, it should be an MKII. If metal you may have to call VTL with the s/n.
Jeff