Class D amp with Tube Preamp Combo?

Have you ever tried a good class D/T amp & tube preamp combination? I have read their can be some occasional problems matching these together?

I was thinking of going this way to get the drive, clarity and efficiency of the switching amp combined with the warmth and full body of the tube pre amp.

What setup are you using?

My first post by the way! I have been reading this forum for the last two weeks learning about audio and what to buy for my first serious system.
jaffa_777
Well, three days isn't enough burn-in, but if you like extra midrange bloom, then Bel Canto is probably not for you. Rowland will not work for you either. You'll need excellent sources with most Class D/ICEPower amps.

Dave
Bel Canto are never bloomy Jaspert. But your BCs are likely needing several hundreds hrs of real playing time (probably 500 to 1000) before stabilizing. . . . Turn on the tuner and let the creatures make music for a spell. . . and it may very well be that in the end you will still not enjoy them, or you may find Nirvana instead. Also consider that switching amps like better to be used in a balanced configuration. One last issue is impedance matching between your Chenon and the BC. What's the output impedance of the pre and input impedance of BC? g
Guido, sorry to hijack the thread a bit, since you asking, may I know what is a good matching impedance? Does it mean an equal value of them or there is a factor?
forget to mention, mine is 400ohm output from pre, 25k ohm input on amp, does it mean very bad matching?
Grandetech, from an impedance match you should be fine. Your ratio is 25000 / 400 = 62.5. I suspect that anything greater than a ratio of 25 is above the 'waterline'. G.