New Rowland Criterion 2-chassis battery pre

Jeff Rowland Design has just created a page for its upcoming statement-level, twin chassis, battery powered full function preamplifier. Detail is still scant, but a little bit of info is already available, in addition to front and rear view pics. Here’s the page:
http://jeffrowland.com/Criterion.htm
And here’s the front view:
http://jeffrowland.com/Criterion-front.htm
And here’s the rear view:
http://jeffrowland.com/Criterion-back.htm

You will find a few specs already on the site. JRDG should be publishing more info in the next few weeks. I will post here as I receive it. in addition to the published specs that you can read on the page above, here are a very few additional tidbits that I have learned this far:

. Uses Burr Brown TI OPA1632 high speed fully differentially balanced modules.
. Includes phono stage.
. Uses standard NiMH D-cell batteries available in most electronics stores, loaded in 2 rear-inserted tubes of power supply chassis.
. Capable of AC/DC operation . . . will recharge batteries on independent circuit during AC operation.
. Full remote control
. Target price $18K (not sure yet)
. Availability: probably early Fall 2008.
. Will be featured at RMAF in Soundings Hifi suite Marriott 503 or 505 from Oct 10th to 12th in Denver.

And sorry folks, I have not heard this device yet. Nor I have any good third party reports on its sound. Any speculations on Sonics from my part would be just. . . pure speculations. I’ll keep everyone posted as I learn more.

Guido
guidocorona
Clavil, the monster amp is called 925. I still do not know too much about it. . . a 4-chassis design, operating in class A/B, probably with a switch mode power supply and PFC rectification, probable power rating between 500W and 550W per channel. Price between $45K and $50K.

There is also a new 625 stereo amp: once again, my information is incomplete and not definite: single chassis, 330 to 350 Watts per channel, SMPS + PFC. Listed between $12000 and $13000.

I'll add more info as I learn it. G.
curious, Jeff Rowland suffering the critics or better said the absence of critics from the american press, because going class D (and making miracle with it) is steping back ?

I am surprised
Claude. . . spoke to JRDG marketing director this morning.. . unless things change, prices are as follows:

Corus preamplifier: $10,800;
625 stereo: $12,500;
925 mono: $48,000 a pair.

Note that while 625 and 925 are class A/B, 301 remains a top level current class D product at $29,500. Furthermore, it is my understanding that class D will continue to be used for integrated amps and other amplifiers up to 500 series included.

I have heard that the new amps are expected to be fairly energy efficient and not run hot to the touch.

Late March deliveries for the amps, and perhaps earlier than that for Corus.

Still awaiting firm specs and pics.

G.
my dealer has already ordered the Corus and the 625. I am very curious to compare them to the Capri and especially the 625 to the 501 and 312.

"All the truth" beetween Class D & Class AB ;-) ?