RWA amp with DODD preamp both battery powered

I should get Dodd Audio battery preamp next week (from good people of Underwood) and I also have purchased RWA (Red Wine Audio) Sig.30 (Omega version) from another audiophile here on AgoN.

I thought of using RWA in my second system with some monitor (still big question mark on which- I like M&D but might go with Omegas instead). However since I am going to have them both , I thought about pairing these battery powered pieces and see what happens. I am not sure if RWA 30wpc will have enough juice to drive my Quatros but I will give it a shoot ......if only out of curiosity.

Do you guys have any thoughts or opinions about these two working together or maybe someone actually tried this combo in his/her system????

I am all ears.
mrjstark
Mrjstark, located in staten island. trying to upgrade from a ps audio gcc-100 to either seperates or another integrated hence my interest in both the dodd and rwa integrated. have been a little frustrated in upgrading components. already tried a prima luna dialogue which i felt sounded strained and harsh with the quads .so still reseaching and looking
Hey Panu21, it might be your lucky day. One of the AgoN members asked me to audition my Dodd preamp. I agreed and we will try to make it happen soon. He is also located on Staten Island, we could try to do that on the same day. Do you own Dodd? If not, I will bring my own. And RWA of course so you can hear for yourself if it is what you are looking for or not. Should be fun........I hope it will help you to make the right decision.

Mariusz
currently using a ps audio gcc-100 int amp.
looking to switch that out with either the RWA int
or Dodd preamp with an amp although not sure which one .
not sure which way to go or what amp preferably ss would be good with the Dodd. is the RWA a good match with the dodd not really familiar with this equipment but am definately interested.
Yes, RWA works with Dodd quite well. If SS amp is your cup of tea, I would look for Butler hybrid amp. It was a very good match with Dodd at the latest NY Rave meeting. I am not sure how much is it new or on used market but I can ask around. Butler was rated at 225wpc ......I think but I could be wrong on this one.

Cheers

Mariusz
Mrjstark,

What specific Mullard 6922/7397 tube are you recommending for the Dodd?

I'm considering the Dodd and your comments on the Modwright are of interest to me. I've owned several of Dan's CD players and in the Fall had him do a "signature upgrade" to a 999es. I know how significant the sound improved by adding the tube power supply and then adding the MWI caps.

Which version of the MWI 9.0 preamp was used in the recent comparison
- solid state power supply
- tube power supply
- signature model wiht tube power supply and MWI caps

my system:
Red Wine 30.2 integrated
Zu Druids with 2008 speaker upgrade kit
MWI 9100es Ulimate Truth
APL Denon 3910 with 2008 upgrades

thanks Ken