Joule Electra LA150 MkII or Lamm LL2 Deluxe?

Hi all, I am looking at a new tube preamp in the $2,500 to $4,000 used range, and I could use your help. I have tried many over the past couple of years, and my current short list includes the Joule and the Lamm. I have a wanted ad posted for the Lamm but no response yet. I have read all the stuff on both, and I am not asking for anyone to tell me what to buy, but I am interested in hearing from users about the characteristics of these two preamps, and certainly from any who have compared them directly or owned both. What to you stands out either in a positive or negative way about either of these units and, if you owned one previously, what made you switch to something else. Important to me are quietness, clarity, dynamics, midrange warmth (at least some), and bass depth, texture, and accuracy. Also, regarding the Joule, are the tubes used in that unit available anywhere else other than from Joule, and are they known for being rugged and quiet? My virtual system is accurately posted, except I am using a Zoe preamp and Cary 500MB monos, instead of the Vibe&Pulse and DNA500 shown. Thanks - Tim
mitch2
I have owned both I have chosen the Joule 150 MKII. They are both excellent but I prefer the Joule because it has remote control, one volume control, and I feel produces a bigger soundstage. I have no idea if the tubes are available elsewhere but I don't think there is any tube rolling to do and the should last 10,000 hours. I also preferred the Joule to the CAT SL1 and Placette Active. Truth is I don't think you go wrong with any of these - to some extent it might depend on the amps you want to end up using. If I had a warmish tube amp, I would proabably go with the Placette Active.
Thanks Pubul57. I appreciate the comments. I plan to stay with the Cary monos so I will be running SS amps with whatever preamp I end up with. After owning two preamps without remotes, the Atma-Sphere MP3 then the Tom Evans Vibe/Pulse, I have found I am generally satisfied to set a volume level for whatever CD I am listening to, so remote is not really necessary. I am curious how Joule implements the remote? Do they simply use something like the Alps motorized potentiometer? If so, do you know whether Joule offers an alternative such as a stepped attenuator? Maybe I should call Joule directly for an answer to that one.
I currently have the Joule LAP 150 II and I cannot recommend it highly enough. I have never listened to the Lamm and so cannot make a direct comparison. The Joule is very quiet, but also very dynamic. Everything just sounds so right - highly musical, analogue sounding. Midrange has a you-are-there quality, treble is extended without being harsh sounding and bass is full. I do like the remote - I have a First sound Presence Deluxe Mk II which is another terrific pre but it lacks a remote and I found that I missed the convenience. Good luck - it sounds like you are choosing between two very excellent pre's and probably cannot go wrong.
Post removed 
Mitch2, it is really going to be difficult to get a defintive answer as they truly are both excellent preamps. In my case, I chose the Joule because I thought it provided a bit more body (coloration?) with my CAT amp and Merlin speakers which are uber neutral - so the Joule simply gave a bit more tonal richness. Unfortunately, I think the choice is based on ergonomics, price, and the matching amplifier. As Kjo says, in you in good company with either IMHO. I agree with Tvad on the balance control aspect of the Lamm, but of course, the Joule does have a balance control.