Macintosh vs Pass labs

I currently own a Pass X250 which is awesome. I am driving Von Schwikierts VR4 SR also awesome. I have always wanted to try a Mac amp. However I am wondering why there are always so many for sale. Pass amps are few and far btween. Maybe th grass looks greener on the other side. Thanks
128x128mancuso54
Post removed 
Between Pass and McIntosh, it´s like apples and oranges - both taste very well. For example, the German magazine Stereoplay likes the Pass X 350.5 very much, and in its Nvember 2005 issue compared it to McIntosh´s 501s. The Pass sounded more "more massive and elementary", but 501s won, offering more fine details and considerably better imaging and space definition.
Regards,
Florian Hassel
I had called Pass Labs about 7-8 years ago and talked with Nelson. This, as I remember, was during CES and he had stayed behind that year and was answering the phones. I have been a tube guy since the mid 80s and explained this to Nelson saying I was considering going SS to see how the designs had progressed.

Nelson said he was also a tube fan and knew where I was coming from. However, he his amps would not satisfy my tube based musical tastes. Said I should stick with tubes based on what I like in music reproduction.

I thought this was brutally honest and proof that Pass is a company building the best electronics they can without overriding desire for profits first. This is the kind of company that deserves our support. If I ever decide to go SS I will check Pass products (although I have a Plinius SA50 MKIII that is very musical).
If you want a McIntosh amp, by all means get one and try it. That way you can make your own decision. You can always resell at no loss if you make a wise purchase.

Personally, I feel the latest McIntosh amps have superlative microdynamic detail and information, which make instrumental timbre exceptionally accurate. They also have a natural coherence that puts the soundstage together perfectly IMO. Give it a try and see what you think.

Arthur
Just reading along: I get confused as to which Mac blocks are their best. I read many here think the 501's Then in TAS I see they use the 436'es to review 25k speakers. Which is better? I probably would have gotten the Pass 350.5 but it it just to heavy; untill I get that car-motor engine lifter installed in my ceiling.