bad match?- Totem Model1's and NEW 20.1

I have Totem Model 1"s (biwire, not signature), an NEW 20.1 (single ended class A solid state). Rega Planet, Audio Research SP9. I find the system anaemic, not much low end and especially not at low volumes. I know they are both reasonably good budget pieces of equipment in their own right but the amp I believe is way under powered for the Totems. I think my options include getting some horns like those from the horn shoppe as I expect they may sing with the NEW, or I could get a Storm sub or get a new amp, with I presume at least 100w. What are your thoughts?
christopher_h
The totem web site recommends 70+ Watts for the Model 1 (87db). I would have to agree that you are under powered. The NEW is a very good sounding amp. For more power you might look into Pass amps since the NEW is a Nelson Pass design circuit. There is no clear direction here. A sub would help. Bigger, more efficient speakers would help. A bigger amp would help.

To add more confusion I would suggest a tube CD or DAC. Consider a NEW P3 tube pre amp as well, although the SP9 is probably pretty darn good. I think this would help give more "life" to the music.