Sound Quest SQ-84 Int Amp???

I have read two reviews of this amp, but have you Audiogoners owned one? Did you like it? How reliable is it? I'm thinking of purchasing. Thanks in advance.

-Razzz
razzz
Don't own one,but have heard it many times at Quest for Sound.I love it in the small room wih a variety of monitors.I heard it the other day with Mark & Daniel speakers and the SQ-12 CD player.The combo blew me away.I sat there and listened to most of the Chick Corea Acoustic Band Live CD.It was hard to get up and leave,but I had to get home.
I own one and love it. I have listened to it with a variety of monitors and headphones. It is a superb speaker and headphone amp. Very few amplifiers can give the kind of palpable “you are there” sound that this amp can provide, even with low efficiency speakers. One of the strangest and best combinations is the SQ-84 with the AAD 2001 (86 dB). The SQ-84 must be a pretty high current amp for a tube amp because 10 watts should not be enough to drive the 2001. But somehow the SQ-84 makes beautiful music with the 2001 AND with plenty of bass! Is the bass better on the 2001 with a high current solid state amp? Sure! But the music becomes sterile compared to the SQ-84. I am currently using the SQ-84 with a pair of Omega Super 3 V2 speakers and am extremely happy! :-)

Enjoy!
I just got one and it is an excellent speaker amp and might be a better headphone amp to boot. It drives my Paradigm Monitor 9s (94db) easily. The sound is very clean and neutral with plenty of punch. Quest for Sounds service is excellent and quick to answer any questions. Highly reccommend this amp especially to anyone looking for a headphone amp/speaker amp combo.