The Best Amp for the Price of Dirt

The Berringer a 500 Reference Amp that can be purchased on Musican's Friend web site for 194.00( each) to your house in the US of A w/ a 2 year warranty is a KILLER. I have several amps and these are scarey. Granted they were designed overseas & built in China... However, they are 19lbs GIANTS . Don't take my word go to the "Audio Critic" web site for a full review. This is my one an only give-away . Use it or loose it. Best to 'All
crem1
Eldee: "There is a big difference between $30 and $159"

$159 - $30 = $129 (to be precise). Now, please stop misundertaking me when I'm trying to poke fun at you!
Earlier, I mentioned a TAS article on NAD . The article "Redefining Value" is in the 2/07 issue , page 26 by Barry Willis regarding the NAD C 325BEE Int.Amp & the C 525BEE CD Player. Excellent read.
In addition , I mentioned in a earlier thread chaining the A500's to a Oppo Cd player ($149US). I purchased the player and it put to shame 5K worth of EAD. For more of a read 1/07 TAS 2006 Product of the Year Awards - Oppo HD 970.
Well let's try and keep this quiet before they raise the price, but I can give another vote for the Behringer which I listen to as I write.

I decided to try one after my second "audiophile" version of the Sonic Impact amp was defective.

The Super T was still a fun idea, but no comparison in terms of value for money as far as I can tell.

Even the fancy version felt like a cheap sweatshop piece of junk and it clips very quickly as it has such little power. It may sound pretty good at 3 watts per channel or whatever, but I have yet to find an amp that sounds good when clipping.

For $75 more, the Behringer feels like a much bigger bargain.

It does have a cheesey plastic face and volume knobs but is otherwise suprisingly chunky, and thoughtfully packaged.

With a complementary pair of monitors, I would put one by every PC and video device in the house.

This is fun - like the good old days.

PS

Has anyone tried their similarly bargain priced EQ's? I have considered them taboo for over 25 years, but for < $200 why not?
The real surprize is when you chain two units as mono blocks. The "volumn knobs" are excellent gain controls.