The Best Amp for the Price of Dirt

The Berringer a 500 Reference Amp that can be purchased on Musican's Friend web site for 194.00( each) to your house in the US of A w/ a 2 year warranty is a KILLER. I have several amps and these are scarey. Granted they were designed overseas & built in China... However, they are 19lbs GIANTS . Don't take my word go to the "Audio Critic" web site for a full review. This is my one an only give-away . Use it or loose it. Best to 'All
crem1
This might fit the bill:

http://www.audiosource.net/2005/amp100.html

avaialbel here with reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-Amp-100-2-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00026BQJ6/sr=1-1/qid=1172080518/ref=sr_1_1/105-2069432-8292444?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

can be used w/o a pre.
The Sonic T appears to be the value of the decade. The web reviews are amazing and the amp appears to be a tweekers/DIY delight.

What impressed me about the Berringer A 500's (and return to them) was how much in terms of value I got out of the box . Plug an play.

My reference rig is ruthlessly revealing and not for everyone. The Nova Audio Evolution Speakers in the rig are costly, weight a Ton (1,200 lbs.) and so few have been manufactured I have yet to see them offered for resale. It was a shock to me how well a pair 500's worked into my system , particularly on electronic & classical music.

The 500's only seem to get better with age. Don't get me wrong the S-T is a terrific buy and mated well must be something to hear.
Tonight , I checked the price of the Behringer Reference Amplifier A 500 on MusicansFriend.Com. The price has increased to $199.US not including an additional 1 yr. warrenty period for $16.45 US per unit...shipping is free.

The 500's are still a bargin. Check out the web site www.behringer.com and download the User's Manual from there or the other mentioned web site to personally read the details. What you get for the money is no slight of hand.

The 500's are but one of many options . $ for $ they are impressive.
Eldee: "There is a big difference between $30 and $159"

$159 - $30 = $129 (to be precise). Now, please stop misundertaking me when I'm trying to poke fun at you!
Earlier, I mentioned a TAS article on NAD . The article "Redefining Value" is in the 2/07 issue , page 26 by Barry Willis regarding the NAD C 325BEE Int.Amp & the C 525BEE CD Player. Excellent read.