MOON I-5 versus KRELL KAV 400XI

I am in that dilemma.

I have only been able to listen to the Moon, KRELL does not arrive here.

Anyone of both I must import by myself.

Somebody has listened to both, as they would be the differences of type of sound among them?

The MOON I-5 I tried it with my speakers (Triangle NAIA) and worked very well, good matching. My doubt, is if with the Krell it will not be still better.

Thanks
haa01
I have never known the Sim Audio products to be dry or dark sounding - at least in my side by side tests with Bryston, Ayre, Pass, and Cary (SS). All were separates though. I have never compared Krell to Moon in a meaningful and real test however.
I have listened to the I-5 a lot. The I-5 is the integrated that I would buy, the first I would think of -if I was buying an integrated. For some reason that I can't put my finger on, I like it better than the new I-7.
I am not in this industry at all, BTW.
The Moon should easily beat the Krell in every respect since it has a very refined sound.I've had a w-5 in my system that left a benchmark that has just been bettered by the Karan and that was no small feat.As to the previous posters experiences,the Moon gear is very sensitve to cabling and power requirements,if Sonic Beauty found it to be sparkle and bright,then i suspect that his cables may have been a poor choice.I have 2 friends who both have LE's and they love the Sim sound,while I also think very highly of the LE amp!As with all good amps,they only show you what is upstream and reflect it in the sound.The soundstage is as big as the starship enterprise and is extremely well layered and detailed.Dynamics are e and yet delicate when called on,this is probably the best Canadian amp currently in production.I would pick the SIM in a heart beat but only if I had a system that could support it!Good hunting-Dennis
24phun-
I share your reaction to the I-7. While the I-7 showed greater dynamic range within a given note, from attack to decay, and an overall bigger sound, it seemed to me the I-5 had a more pleasing delicacy and subtlety. Good as the I-7 may be for certain applications, for simple 2 channel musical enjoyment in a moderate to small room, I prefer the I-5 so far.
Or, at least I couldn't see the VFM ratio favoring the I-7.
But considerations might be quite different for someone looking for a muscular integrated to support home theater surround as well as 2-channel. Perhaps its just a case of adjusting my preferences to fit my budget.

Cenline; I'd be pleased to hear more about your findings about suitable cable for Sim generally. I haven't experimented much yet; just using what I had on hand.
cheers,

-paul-
Hi Paul,the cable that I rec is the Master for first time users,this cable is one of the most musical well rounded cables.The Master has a rightness that once you hear it, you know that it isn't editoralising the signal coming from the system.If you have the cabbage to spend then I think that the Master LE is one of the best cables in existance.It is also a great value when you put it up against the rest of the VD line up.If you are willing to try a used cable then grab one from the agon classifieds ( there is a maste p/c for a great price,but, be sure to give it proper time to settle into your system 3-4 days min.).I hope this helps and please let us know what you think if you try it!Cheers Dennis
Glad to see mention of the Naim Nait 5. I my humble opinion and experience, the Sim Audio I-5 is not in the same league, sonically speaking, as the legendary Naim.

Heck, even a 20 year old original Naim Nait 1 (I've owned one from 1984 to 1994, still miss it) will smoke the Moon in some areas. Naim is expensive, yet it's no flavor or the month...