Feedback on new Ayre MX-R Monoblocks

I've been a big fan of more musical producing amps and systems like Linn. I hear that the new Ayre MX-R's blow the Linn stuff away. Looking for feed back and impressions on these new amps and an idea as to what kind of deal can be had to get them out the door.
cvman
Interesting thread...I have had my MX-R mono blocks since the middle of August...have no idea how anyone could call them "dry"...it took some working through the cables...a break in time...they sound very natural...accurate...tremendous ability to handle micro dynamics...and detail...I am very happy with them..

John
Hi John

I own the MX-R monoblock as well, and you are right, it sounds very accurate and natural - although it's not warm/full bodied like the tube-amp, it doesn't sound dry in any way. I am also extremely happy with them...

May I ask what cables do you use? I use the Ayre interconnect and Kubala-sosna emotion spk cable.

Simon
Hi,
Speakers are Wilson Sophia 2, Snell X55 center (likely to be replaced by Wilson center or Revel center), revel sub 30, rears are Snell K.5 mkII towers
3 ayre mono blocks for L C R (replaced V6xe by Ayre)
Byrston C series for rears
Velodyne SMS-1 equilizer for sub
Meridian 861 4.2 pre amp, all balanced, NO VIDEO in this box
MIT Z condition, Shunyata Hydra (soon to be two Ayre conditioners
All power cables are version of Cardas
Speaker cables now are MIT Magnun (likely to be replaced with three matching cardas type cables...very short to each of three front speakers
Nordost Blue H II for rears
Magnum 206 tuner
Ayre D1ex...recently updated by Ayre
Three dedicated AC lines, one for digital signals, two balanced dedicated 20A, separate ground
Pioneer FHD -1 50" plasma (replaced Loewe set)

Hope that answers the questions...in landing on these items I played with alot of stuff...have used Spectral, transparent (all replaced) in past year or so...pretty settled now
Do they give pinpoint imaging of instruments ?? how is the depth. Are soloists up front at the speaker line or back ??