New Esoteric P02 D02

Hello,

Seems like there is a new set up separates from Esoteric. The P02 D02. Hven't seen any info out there at all, but it is for sale already at retailers. Not a substitute of the P03 D03 as expected, that are still selling as well, but a new category in between de 01s and 03s. DACs and inputs seem like an upgrade of the K01.

Anyone has any info, or heard of this? You can read about it at Esoteric parent company home page (in Japan but in English).

Price in Europe is 3.000 Euros higher than the 03s per unit (so +6000 EUros higher in total)

Any feedback, info news?

Thanks
Eli
eelii08
Those are high class problems and I'd give it about 5 years before Esoteric comes out with the next-generation of reasons for us all to agonize over upgrade choices :-)!!!! It was great to happen to be on phone with you while you were on your journey to go pick them up; I'm dying to hear what you think after breaking them in....very happy for you and your new set of problems :-) here! Personally very glad to have one of the side effects of your upgrade-itis sitting in my room (your C02 Preamp); don't worry, I'll take very good care of it and remind you just how good it is from time to time!

WAF as a 'reality mechanism'....that's too easy, don't get me started!!!

Happy Listening & Keep in touch!
Great Tom. Congrats once more. Keep us posted. You are my only reliable source of info on these!

Also congrats Zephyr on your C02. It has to be great. Never had an esoteric preamp, but had the esoteric phono and it was great. I am sure it is fantastic.

My wife thinks i lost it long ago... So she just lets me do whatever as long as i keep it in the listening room... Starting to be hard though to comply with that.p too.

The Artesania that you have is fantastic. Dont think it gets any better. It will allow to show the 01s all their potentia. I may upgrade my model to that one sometime in the future.
Haven't heard from Tom here in a few days guys...suspect he's got the P1 and D1s hooked up and is still in a state of shock and awe :-) !!!
(Having a hard time resisting a Peter Schilling (or Bowie, take your pick) "Hello Major Tom...." musical ref here !!!
Hi Guys, The P1/D1 are in place in the rack and playing a CD in a repeat loop. I have listened to couple of songs, but no real critical listening yet. You know the kind of listening when your 3 1/2 year old son is helping you, buy checking out how the new $80k source components sit in the rack and how they would look better if he can move them around!
First thing I noticed right out of the box is how much more centered they feel. It appears Esoteric wanted the center of gravity closer to the center. Also, the components look much better and appear a bit bigger in person as appossed to the website. The transport is silky smooth, and music comes from an eerie quietness, even more than the D-02/P-02. As always though, all my Esoteric purchases seem flat in the first few days of listening, so I'm trying to just spend a minimum of time listening until I get at least 100 hours on them. I will say, the D-02/P-02 had an edge to the music for awhile, then it all settled in. With the P1/D1, it is a very smooth presentation, very natural right out of the box.
So I will get the breakin disc in tomorrow morning and give it a couple of hours, and try to sit back and really get some listening in. I have the rack fully dampened and the components are all weighted down with dampers, so I will fool around with all that and hear if the speakers may need a nudge here or there, and keep you who are interested in the loop.
Well, I must say, I liked the styling of the D-02/P-02 better than the P1/D1 are surely growing on me. And I bought them more for listening than I did to look at....but looks are important! I am very impressed with Esoteric's voicing through these machines. The playback of redbook, which I have always thought was of secondary engineering in all the other Esoterics I've owned, is outstanding in my listening room. I have plenty of SACDs, which half are not even as good as the redbook version. But I am loading up old CDs and listening to new music. This is a more complete player than the D-02/P-02, which I still believe is one of the best players out there, especially for more complex music, but the P1/D1 right out of the box, sounds terrific. They have really blossomed into one smile after another. I believe I'm in for a real treat.
Time to start some serious listening and I will try to make some comparisons between the old and the new.