Best power amp for Avalon Opus Ceramique

Trying to downsize my system to a speaker/power-amp/ cd-player set-up (with digital volume control e.g. Wadia 581, Audio Aero Prestige or EMM Labs).
Which power amp (ss or tube) in the range 5k-10k is recommended to use with Avalon ?
Will ICE powerd amps like BelCanto, JRDG or NuForce work as well ?
frankpiet
>> Elberoth2 and Jttn are off the mark.
Muralman1,

I agree with your assessment above.

There's no reason why a digital amplifier would be good in
the bass, but not in midrange and treble.

As you have demonstrated, the H2Os can drive a load as
difficult as your ribbons, and still sound nice.

I would also disagree with the remarks about the EMM Labs
gear. The best system I've heard is one in which the
EMM Labs gear fronts for a system featuring the Wilson X-2
Alexandrias.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Dr., I agree with all you have to say, except that my system can hardly be summarized as, "Nice." My neighbors are convinced I have a grand piano in my living room.
Class D and Avalons.

I apologize, this may seem like a boring rehash of-you've heard it all before but...

I didn't expect that I'd be using another class D amplifier to power my Avalon Eidolons but I simply couldn't help myself. The PS Audio HCA-2 with Black Gates served me well until I could acquire my dream, linear solid state amplifier. I admit to being so intrigued by more reviews of a single product than I could recall that I decided to take a flyer on the reasonably retail priced mono blocks. As luck would have it, a pair popped up here for a reasonable savings below retail.

Not having anywhere near the experience Robert Levi has had with different amplifiers I can't attest to all his claims. I can say that these mono blocks sound better, way better than any of the other amplifiers I've had in my system. While our choice of media and our systems differ in many areas the relationship between the Avalons and the NuForce 9se's is as he describes. http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue26/nuforce9se.htm

Will there ever be a best amp for your Avalons? In any case, if your wallet is hurting from your indirect contribution to the Colorado State Tax Board, you could afford to spend a few dollars more in smelly Milpitas, California to power those wonderful speakers with impressive results.
I have a Ayre c-5xe, pre K-5xe and Power V-5xe with Avalon Ascendant and they work beautefully
why not give a shot at the new Moscode 401hr, vertical biamping should be excellent