DK Design VS.1 Reference mkII - Optimization

I would like to know what tuning, customizing, hot rodding, tweaking, what ever.. that you owners of DK Design VS-1 MK2 are using to bring out the best in this amp. It seems to be responsive to changes in interconnects, tubes, power & speaker cables, speaker dynamics, etc. most probably to both the positive and negative.

Please share your work. I would like to know what improved it's performance, what caused no real change and what made it sound worse. Thanks in advance!
jomoinc
Jomoinc,
Please read the correspondence preceeding yours.

Larry R Staples
President/Designer
LSA Group
OK Lrsky, that's two shots

As a manufactor's rep, if you would like to contribute to, as the description of this thread states:

"tuning, customizing, hot rodding, tweaking, what ever.. as an OWNER of DK Design VS-1 MK2 to bring out the best in this amp."

Please do. That is the concept of this thread.

It does not say if you are the owner of the company that no longer sells this product... It would be wise to be proactive & supportive to these ends rather than reactive to the very owners already financially committed to this model.

Redd Foxx Atlantic SD18157 LP You Gotta Wash Your Ass
"It is better to wash your ass than to try to cover it"
mmm....
To all,
Sorry if that comment, clarifying the nature of John Tucker's involvement in MY company ruffled Jomoinc's feathers--it's just that, with others actually modifying, therefore voiding warranties, I wanted to set the record straight.

The Amp's name will change to LSA in our next run--simply to make our marketing direction clearer. We have made significant product upgrades in the internal parts, and quality control since buying DK more than a year ago.
QC'ing all the amplifiers has been a great value add for most of our customers--since we include a certificate with each amplifier, signed by the technician performing the tests.

Our newer models, the Signature and Statement, are in the hands of reviewers as I write this, so we should have press shortly--also, Bound for Sound's Marty DeWulf reviewed the Signature some time ago--and was impressed with the sound, enough to compare it to units,(even separates) costing multiples of the price.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify.

Best,
Larry R. Staples
President/Designer
LSA Group
At the risk of beating a dead horse, John Tucker is now a part of DK/LSA Group. John maintains his interest in Exemplar Audio, but they are completely separate companies.

I had a DK MK2, but now have the new statement. If you are considering taking the plunge, do it! It's that good. Rumor has it that DK may offer an upgrade for the MK2 down the road, but I don't know.
I received this email through audiogon recently,

"Jomoinc, My name is Tom Bery, National Sales Manager for The LSA Group. We will be offering an upgrade for the MKII amp to bring it up to the "Signature" status, as much as is possible. We are still working out the details and price. If you are interested I will provide details as they are available. Please contact me directly at [email protected], or 888-671-8607, if you are interested. Thanks."

Any one else taken the modification plunge? DIY or Vendor?