EL34 Integrated

I am in need of a bargain integrated with el34 for my bedroom system to be used with Merlin tsm-mm. Name isn't a factor. Thanks in advance.
jamesw20
The undisputed bargain of a lifetime in a bargain EL 34 integrated: The Cayin TA-30, around $ 700.00 used.

They usually have the extended bias option built-in, meaning you can use a wide variety of tube, including the 6550, KT-88 family of tube.

PLUS, you can use only 2 tubes and go for a whopping 4 watts (instead of the stock 35 watts/channel) of near-SET sound.

Easy to bias (Paul at TAD audio design can help with biasing instructions), it's a beautifull unit, and looks like a million bucks.

They sold tons, yet they are somewhat scare, as audiophiles keep'em.

Search for one and read all that is written on the web, I don't think you can do better at even twice the price.

Good luck !
I'm interested in the same question. Could anyone compare the sound and capabilities of the Sophia Electric EL-34, the Bizzybee TAD-60, and the Primaluna Prologue One?

Thanks!
How about a Dyna stereo 70 with an input volume control. BTW to Ponnie...tube amps are voltage amplifiers, transistor amps are current amplifiers. Sometimes tube amps with huge power supplies can also act like current amplifiers too. If you are running dynamic speakers current amps do a better job of controling the bottom end. Voltage amplifiers do a better job with electrostats, as they dont want to see current, just voltage.
G. Garfield
Conrad Johnson: CAV 50 (if you can find one)
Rogue Audio: Cronus

both great values!
I have heard both the Sophia EL34 and the Onix SP3 in my system. Am surprised that these two can be mentioned in the same thread IMO. If EL34 sound is what you're after (and that's what you asked for), then the SP3 will NOT deliver that.

I prefer EL34 sound to whatever the SP3 has. The Sophia sounded good but I found QC somewhat lacking.

What are your speakers' sensitivity?