What pre to use with Vons and Bryston 2B-SST?

I own a pair of Von Schweikert VR2's with a Bryston 2B-sst driving them. I am auditioning a PS Audio PCA-2 for the preamp and am happy with what im hearing but would like a little "warmer" sound. I dont want to spend more than $2000 on the pre new or used. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
jlind325is
i have tried a few things that you had mentioned. my speakers are now more toed in then in the pics. my audio room is doubling as a bedroom so there is no room to play with. i have everything set up as good as it can get. I have a decent selection of interconnects that i have been switching (MIT and Transparent) but im trying to make the "recipe" better with spices when its the ingredients that need changing i.e. amp or pre. As i said before will be moving farely soon so im not going to worry too much about treatments until im in the new place. then i will get my dealer to set up my speakers. and tweak everything with room treatments. i think that will be money well spent. I definetly know my ear and waht i want in terms of sound so its just finding what works. the power in this place is terrible so my upc200hb isnt going anywhere. thanks for the advice and i will let you know what i find out after i try the BAT.
12inchwoofer and Drew_w

I am demoing the BAT currently and it has shown me that the Bryston needs to go. Its just to neutral for me. After hearing the BAT i believe i will be going with a tube integrated amp. Maybe a Pathos or a Cary or somthing else. Any suggestions? I tried the BAT as a pre hooked up to the Bryston and it was worlds better than the PS. I attribute that to the tube linestage. The BAT is very good sounding but still not warm enough for me, plus it carries a hefty price tag(for me anyway). Thanks for the input everybody, Justin
Oh dear, another tube convert, LOL! Tubes are sweet no doubt.

I am not surprised the BAT bounced the PS or the Bryston. The BAT Pre's are top notch and as far as I know the Amp section in this piece is also top notch. But, then again it is a $5500.00 Integrated!!

Those are excellent Tube Integrated choices. You dont think any other tube Preamp could add enough warmness?

BTW in my opinion BAT isnt really all that warm. Also my opinion, if I were in your shoes, I would probably keep the Bryston and buy that used Supratek Pre that came up today! I like Bryston though. Cant you tell! =)

The little Onix SP3 is a smooth and warm all tube integrated, available cheap, used and new. Might be worth a try.
Cford- I will add that to the list of considerations

12inchwoofer-Im sure i could find a tube pre that would add the warmth i want but i can recoup some money with the sale of a pair of interconnects if i go with an int. Plus i dont have to find the all important synergy between components. i wouldnt call the BAT a warm piece of gear either just that its not bright and that it was warmer than the PS/Bryston combo. i was intially really impressed with the Bryston, the power from that little amp was amazing. My low end from the vons went from so-so to wow. Just the more i listend the more i realized how much i like a colored sound. i will keep you posted on my quest. thanks