best preamp ever - cost is no object

Hello there,

I am in the running for a new preamp, cost is no object.
Would appreciate to hear comments from you out there.
Thinking about Lyra Connoisseur 4.2 SE among others.
Poweramp is Tenor 150, speakers are Eidolon diamonds.
Thanks for your help and experience.
aspera
The new AYON,looks to be the newest kid on the block.Built in phonostage,with parts quality,to die for.You simply "have to have it" Mike L."!!I want a full report,by July!!
Also consider the Boulder 1000 series preamps. This is the first Boulder product I owned before replacing it with the 2010 preamp. I find the Boulder 1000 series to offer much of the quality of 2000 series in the areas of neutrality, musicality, and timbral accuracy. Where they are different is in dynamics and soundstage depth. The 2000 series offers very natural changes in dynamics - or said another way - the music ebbs and flows as live music does. The soundstage in the 2000 series also has greater depth and layering, and even more detail without loss of musicality. But the 1000 series offers fantastic sound in these areas too, bettering most competitors. The improvements offered by the 2000 series are not proportionate to the increase in price over the 1000 series, at least in my opinion. However, you posed the question about the best preamp, regardless of price...
I have had many preamps, the best two that come to my mind are Metaxas (two box) and Gryphon Elektra.

Hope this helps