Amp recommendation for AKG K1000's headphones?

I recently gave into temptation & picked up a pair of AKG K1000's. I've wanted a pair for ages & with their retirement there was no time like the present. Now comes the interesting part of finding an amp that pairs well with them :)

But before making the leap into uncharted territory [for me] I was curious what amps might be worth an audition? To level-set -- ideally this will become a dedicated headphone rig, so the scope of this decision doesn't need to account for synergy with my existing front-end gear.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
bish
I run my AKG K1000 headphones with a Woo Audio WA5 headphone amp. Great combination.
I really loved the Audiovalve RKV when I used to own K-1000s. They really meshed strengths to create some awesome synergy.

I had a buddy that used to use CJ Premier 12 monos for his K-1000s, but I never heard that particular setup of his... Man, that guy had everything worth having in the headphone world including TWO PAIRS of HE90s!!!

Red Wine Audio Signature 30.2 and my K1000's are my current combo

Had the K1000 since Xmas 2003, when Alvin Gold reviewed themĀ 

http://enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0903/akgk1000.htm

I'm running on 100% on battery power, no mains power in my headphone rig, the source is a really nice DAP from iBasso - the DX220MAX

very content :-)