what is the REAL deal with DK

I know there has been a lot on this manufacturer, but I just discovered them myself(today). I have never read so many positives while at the same time read so many negatives on any on amp(or any product for that matter). At the same time they are getting huge pats on the back from two different magazines? Could some owners of the Dk vs1 mk 2 offer there opinions that still own them, I maybe looking for an intergrated hybrid that has some power and this is the only one that seems to fit the bill in my price range. So...why the extreme positive and negative?!
sean34
If I were Larry Staples I'd change the name of that unit to "Acme" or something
Bingo. Despite the fact that they have an honorable gent a the helm, and have made genuine investments in the product line, the public continues to see DK as Jerry Lewis attempting to go serious. The only way to shake the previous mess is to re-brand the product. Just my opinion.

Cary Grant
If you all know that dk is being run by a reputable man now, what is the problem?
""I listened 1/2 hour in store with theta cd player
and 3 different bookshelf speakers. I think it sounds pleasant, not accurate...I guess thats how tubes sound.""

Does this mean that if you listen to a cello live its not going to be pleasant because the sound wasnt distorted by the tubes?
Sean, sure got "catty" out there quickly,huh? What's with you guys anyway? Sheeet, be nice! Back to your original question friend- As an owner I say again, The DK does a great job. That's all. TURN ON, TUNE IN, ENJOY THE MUSIC!
Charlie101,

Here is an excerpt from a review of the DK VS-1 Mk. 2:

"The VS-1 MK 2 looks cool, but how does it sound? A few years back, I had the pleasure of reviewing the Gryphon Callisto 2100, and thought it was the best integrated ever. Its $5700 price was way out of my range, or it would have been on my shelf. The VS-1 MK 2 does everything the 2100 did, and more. In terms of dynamics, it positively threatens to jump off the rack. It immediately reminded me of the Callisto in this regard, but goes it one better, portraying more depth and musical dimension. This leads me to its second distinction—soundstage and imaging. The VS-1 MK 2 is the best amplifier I have heard in this regard."

So what will you say now Charlie Charles? Who has more credibility, you or a professional reviewer? How do you say with such certainty that those other amps will crush the DK? Maybe you need to sharpen your listening skills?