what is the REAL deal with DK

I know there has been a lot on this manufacturer, but I just discovered them myself(today). I have never read so many positives while at the same time read so many negatives on any on amp(or any product for that matter). At the same time they are getting huge pats on the back from two different magazines? Could some owners of the Dk vs1 mk 2 offer there opinions that still own them, I maybe looking for an intergrated hybrid that has some power and this is the only one that seems to fit the bill in my price range. So...why the extreme positive and negative?!
sean34
Audioari1, in my opinion, the BAT has at least as much slam as the DK.

And, truthfully, have you actually HEARD a Jadis D30, DA50S, DA60, or DA88S? Or, for that matter an Orchestra or Orchestra Reference? Please explain to me the bass, or anything else, falling apart in demanding passages?

Still, I'm not here to be a DK basher. I'm more of a neutral observer than most here and the highly polarized opinions. I think it's a fairly priced product that has more than underwhelmed me when I heard a bone stock unit with Von Schweikert VR4Jr, and more than overwhelmed me when I heard it (stock unit???) driving the same speakers at HE2005. In my opninon, the combination was among the best at the show.

At the show, Daniel Khesin came across as a real clown, but I have nothing but the highest respect for Lrsky (current owner Larry Staples), who I consider a friend, and the reason the threads have calmed down and am sure he will ratchet the class factor of the company up several notches.
Hi Snofun3, With all due respect I don't know why your bashing the DK so fervently.Anyone that has come to my house thats into audio or not in the last 30+ years has not heard my system sound as good as it does now including myself.I have had numerous equipment from all Theta from the first to the 5b to AR all tube to Sim W-5 to my last which was the ML ref32 pre with a Plinius 100mk-3 and that all went after trying and getting the DK sig MK-2.So I guess it's all in the ear of the beholder or holders and there are probably better and worse but some of us understand that without ripping other peoples likes.Regard,Bob
Audioari1 writes:
So with all of these considerations, the correct question is, whats right with DKs marketing?
Let me guess - you are in either marketing or advertising.

In my opinion, even those of us on the sidelines with no dog in the fight, were disenchanted with the approach DK took.

Clearly DK has succeded in this industry and you are most likely jelous of their success. As far as I know, the owner of DK sold the company to LSA Group and made a fortune. While you probably have a miserable job.

That last comment is totally uncalled for.

Regards,
Bobf - Check the responses again - not much in the way of DK bashing, but a fairly open exposure of a shill campaign which was DK's previous owner's stock-in-trade. Some here appear destined to resurrect it apparently.
Unfortunate that AGon deleted so many of the old threads, as they were a riot of absurdity.
True that I like the Levinson integrated more, but the DK's a good piece - it was just a shame that the shill campaign was so blatant - it completely took away from what positive attributes the DK has.

And oh, Audioari, sure, the outpouring of comments regarding the piece is because of the success of the marketing campaign. Enjoy the delusion.
If I were Larry Staples I'd change the name of that unit to "Acme" or something. The earlier DK lunacy has defamed what is actually a pretty good product by most accounts.

Guerilla marketing is for guerillas.