What Is Best Monoblocks For Around $10,000 Used?

I'm searching for an amplifier upgrade in my system. My system is presently made up of a Classe CA-401 amp, Krell HTS 7.1 pre-pro, Piega P10 loudspeakers and Mark Levinson No.39 CD player. (The P10's and ML 39 will eventually be upgraded.) I listen to 2-channel redbook CD's, but the system also does Home Theater with a Krell Theater Amp Standard handling the center channel, rear channel and Zone 2.

I'm searching for a pair of mono-blocks that sells in the used market for about $10,000 (plus or minus), to replace the Classe CA-401 stereo amp. I've considered the Krell 450Mcx, but heard it sounds dark. (I don't know what dark is.) I've considered the Musical Fidelity KW amps, but they only have single ended inputs. The Pass Labs X600 may not give me the bass I'd like to have.

Can anyone make any suggestions on a good, resolving pair of mono-blocks?

Thank you.
george3
Why spend $10,000? Bel Canto REF1000. This is a monoblock that kicks out 500W into 8 ohms and 1000W into 4 ohms with a damping factor over 1000 and THD under 0.007%. The REF1000 has extraordinarily clear midrange and top end, combined with bass control that makes it sound as if you added a servo-controlled subwoofer. All of this with a WAF second to none: They do not weigh 150 lbs. each; they weigh less than 15 lbs. each and are contained in half-chassis boxes.

This is part of the new wave of B&O's ICEpower amps and happens to be the most powerful consumer version.
Whatever you spend does not always equate to sonic narvana. Although support from ARONOV is not worth a fart, the LS9100s are a good starting point IMHO. My guess is that since they are no longer in the Manf. end of audio, getting a set for a reasonable amount would be an added positive.

THEN: Have them pass through the hands of "JenaLabs.com" Jena Crock, giving her "Carte Blance" to Correct/Uupgrade according to her design principles. (MultiCaps, Jena's silver wire, etc.) or give drop her an email and ask for her ideas.

What you end up with is a "PP" self bias(ing) 100 watt set of Monoblocks that may not be the top of the heap but whatever would be next would not be too far ahead of the Aronovs.

My interest in the R'Nov's was started with comments made by Mr. Risch and the upgrade path to Jena through her reputation within the audio community.

When I win the lottery, a nice pair "DeHav" 845's will be sitting in my room!

Lots of good tube gear out there, part of the deal is spending the time finding and listening to it.
I really like a small company formed by 2 ex-Chord engineers-Chapter Audio.They offer the Couplet mono's at approx. 800 watts per.But it is not just the power,as the amps are neutrel,dynamic and cast a 3-D halo that makes you feel the spit from the singer on the recording.
Used McIntosh MC1201 pair or new MC501 pair. Higly resolving, highly musical, huge power, deep dynamic bass, just plain beautiful sound.

Phil