Given my AMP and DAC, which preamp?

I am about to receive a Dodson 218 DAC. I have a Pass X250.5 amplifier (please view my system). I essentially have a one source system (hard-drive based, digital). What I am wondering is, what preamp to get? I am wondering whether a tube pre would work well or maybe I should go with a matching Pass Labs preamp? I also can't rule out some kind of volume control like the Django. I would really like to hear from those with similar systems to my own. Thanks for your time,
pardales
Awesome suggestions, THANK YOU! Please keep them coming. Part of me thinks that I am really after is a high quality volume control with one, maybe two inputs. I do not need phono or tape, or any of the other functions of a full- function preamp. The VIBE sounds like it might be the ticket. Any experience with other volume controls like the Django?
I second the Placette active unit or the First Sound Presence.The Terra Song (up for auction) was dependable and made tube comparisons a breeze.
I went through a number of tube and solid state preamps and ended up with a Placette passive for several years. I upgraded to the active and have been totally pleased. I'll second TeaJay's recommendation. The Placette active is the best preamp I've heard.
Played a hunch and went with the new Modwright SWL 9.0SE. It is burning in as I speak. Thus far, I am blown away.

I could not go for the Placette as I like to have a volume knob to turn; also, the look and how I interact with the equipment does matter to me (wish it didn't some time, but alas).

Thanks for your suggestions.