Crown commercial amps for home use?

Hi: I was wondering if anyone is using a Crown amp full-range for home stereo and if so,how do they compete sound-wise with other "home-use" amps?. I am looking for at least 400 per-side@4ohms,power-miser and no fan! I was looking into the K-1, but not sure now!!! Thanks, Huck
huck55
its been 2 days now with the qsc rmx 1450 & i realy like it in fact im keeping it for a spare,i paid $330 out the door for this amp & IMO it easily compares to alot of amps i paid $1,500 or better for & neither of the pro amps i tried required any special stuff to hook em up,as long as you can run balanced cables to your pre your ok.

this amp is 260 wpc @ 8ohms & 450 wpc @ 4 ohms & it blows away the adcom 300 wpc gfa 565 monoblocks i used to own,i dont know what qsc does different from crown but the qsc is 10 times better sounding than the crown ce-1000 i tried yesterday & the fan is not loud at all.

all in all i think you get alot of power & some nice features for the cash to be spent not to mention a decent sounding amplifier.
Matrix...The amp includes overtemperature protection, so fan failure would not be a disaster. By the way, at least for the digital CarverPro ZR1600, it's said that for home audio use, where you aren't pulling 600 watts/channel all the time, the fan can be disconnected. The fans typically are DC, and speed-controlled based on temperature.

Bigjoe...My amp is also a rmx 1450. I think that the fan is too noisy to have in the listening room, but mine is in the cellar so it's OK.
eldartford,i had the qsc inside an enclosed rack & with the door open i could barely hear the fan at all but i took the amp out while i was installing some other new gear & just for shits & giggels i turned the qsc on & it is pretty loud when its not enclosed.

all in all i still think that for $330 out the door the qsc is an outstanding value.

mike.